- 4 large Russet potatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- All Purpose Seasoning Mix
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup sour cream, plus more for topping
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Seasoning
- 200g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Green onions or chives, for topping
- Preheat your grill to 180ºC set up for indirect grilling.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan. Coat the potatoes in a thin layer Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then season with the All Purpose Seasoning.
- Place the pan of potatoes on the second shelf or the grill and cook until tender all the way through, about 60-90 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- Slice the potatoes lengthwise along the top. Squeeze the ends of the potatoes to open them enough to access the flesh of the potatoes. Scoop out the majority of the flesh, leaving a thin layer attached to the skin. Leave the skins on the sheet pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flesh of the potatoes, the butter, half-and-half, sour cream and All Purpose Seasoning. Whip the potato filling with a paddle attachment until creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed.
- Scoop the filling back into the potato skins. Divide the grated cheddar among the potatoes, pressing it into the top of the filling. Return the pan to the grill. Cook another 20-30 minutes, until the cheese is totally melted and filling just begins to brown on the edges.
- Top each potato with crumbled cooked bacon, green onions and sour cream.
- Serve the Twice Baked Potatoes immediately.