Table of Contents
- 3 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Campari tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- Mustard, to taste
- Hot Sauce, to taste
Avocado Smash #
- 3 medium avocados
- 1 tbsp baby dill, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- All-purpose seasoning , to taste
Peri Peri Garlic Spread #
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Peri peri spice
- 1 tsp garlic, grated
- Set up your grill for direct heat cooking over high heat.
- Halve the avocados and remove pits. Place them cut side down on the grill. Grill with the door open until slightly charred and softened, about 5 minutes, then remove.
- Place the tomatoes on the grill as well. Grilling alongside the avocados. When the avocados are removed from the grill, close the lid and continue cooking the tomatoes until softened and starting to split open. Remove from the grill.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, make the Peri Peri Garlic Spread. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Spread the mixture on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Next, prepare the Avocado Smash. Scoop out the flesh of the grilled avocados and place in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Smash and mix the ingredients with a small hand masher or fork until it is well combined, but still a bit chunky.
- Turn the burners on the grill down to medium. Place your slices of sourdough on the grill and close the lid. Grill until crisp around the edges, then flip. Remove when the edges are slightly charred, but the center is still soft. Remove from the grill.
- Assemble your toast and serve.