Table of Contents
- 12 large oysters, shells scrubbed
- 1 piece of chorizo sausage meat
- half block unsalted butter, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, diced
- In a pan over medium heat, add the chorizo sausage meat and lightly fry the meat until the fat has been released. Then add the butter and lower the temperature of the pan to prevent the butter from burning.
- Once the butter and sausage meat as been combined, remove from the heat and set a side.
- Shuck the oysters, then place them flat side up over direct high heat.
- Add 1 tsp of the chorizo butter and grill until the oyster is cooked to an internal temperature of 60 degrees celsius.
- Place on a serving platter and sprinkle cilantro and lime zest over the oysters.
- Serve with a touch of lime juice to balance the richness of the chorizo butter.